Good grazing recovery
SF Lazuly is a new type of soft leaf oceanic cocksfoot with improved winter activity over SF Greenly. It should be sown at higher sowing rates to produce a fine, dense soft sward. It has no adverse animal health effects from endophyte and good resistance to pasture pests.
SF Lazuly has performed well in Seed Force replicated trials and in commercial sowings in Australia over the past two years.
New soft-leaf technology
Ensures excellent palatability and quality. More feed eaten for conversion to meat or milk
Suited to all pasture seasons with good grazing recovery. Greater performance than standards over the warm seasons
A better option in marginal areas to perennial ryegrass and tall fescue
Increased winter activity
More feed when it is needed most
Forage EBV’s – compared to industry standards*
* Based on yields from up to 7 trials.
* Gundagai 2006, Armidale & Whorouly 2010, Tenterfield 2011, Armidale, Warrnambool & Gloucester 2012.
* Feed quality based on mean of 7 grazings over full year at Tenterfield site.
* Feed quality analysis undertaken by NSW DPI Feed Quality Service.
* Extra meat value based on 65% utilisation of feed grown and meat at $2.50/kg liveweight gain.
* Extra milk value based on 75% utilisation of feed grown and milk at 40c/litre.
* Seed prices as at 1.12.2016
All livestock types
Intermediate, summer active