Long growing season
SF Hekto is an awnless, long growing season winter wheat with potential for high yields in the high rainfall zone. It has been developed in France, Belgium, Germany and Spain as a feed quality variety for its high yields of large grain with a high specific weight.
SF Hekto has good disease resistance to rust diseases, Septoria and Mildew, and is recommended for sowing in southern high rainfall zone where its high yields can enable greater per hectare returns than quality white wheats.
- Full season growing potential
- Very high yield potential
- Can be sown in HRZ from late summer until early winter
- Good resistance to rust, septoria, and mildew
- Increased resistance to sprouting
- Increased income potential for autumn/winter grazing when sown early
mid – late maturity