Full season growing potential
RGT Calabro is a bearded, medium-long growing season winter wheat with potential for high yields in the medium and high rainfall zone. It is a variety that has taken a high market share in France where its maturity, high yields and good grain quality has made it desirable for growers and end-users alike.
The variety has a good disease resistance profile with very good resistance to stripe rust and good resistance to wheat streak mosaic virus. With short stiff straw, harvest quality is good producing large bold grain with a high thousand grain weight.
Trialled as SFR86-055
- Full season growing potential
- Can be sown in HRZ from late summer until early winter
- Early heading and maturity
- High yield potential
- Excellent stripe rust resistance
- Short stiff straw with excellent standability
- Increased income potential for autumn/winter grazing when sown early